Merlin Garage Safety Hub
Welcome to the Merlin Garage Safety Hub, supported by Kidsafe. Here you will find articles and resources to help keep you and your family safe in the garage and driveway.
Each week in Australia a child is hit by a slow-moving vehicle at home or in the driveway. It’s time to make the garage and driveway safer for the whole family. Jumping in the car and reversing out of the garage is a pretty ordinary activity for most families, but it’s also one the most dangerous parts of the day.
The latest data from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare shows that driveway and garage related injuries for children and adults are on the rise. Since 2016, there’s been a 28 percent increase in hospitalisations for driveway accidents and a 19 percent increase for garage-related injuries.
At Merlin, we want families to be confident that their children, pets and belongings are safe when moving in and around the garage and driveway. This is why we’ve partnered with Kidsafe Australia.
Below you will find links to articles and resources to help keep you and your family safe in the garage and driveway.
Click here to view the Merlin Garage Safety Guide – a joint initiative between Merlin and Kidsafe Australia.
Click below to watch the Garage and Driveway Safety Video with Merlin and Kidsafe:
Click below to watch the Merlin Safety Technology video:
- The Merlin X Kidsafe Garage Safety Checklist
- The Merlin Garage Safety Guide – a joint initiative between Merlin and Kidsafe Australia.
- The most common safety hazards in your garage (and how to help prevent them)
- Greg Murphy’s Top Tips for a Safe Road Trip
- Keep your home and family safe with myQ
- Safety 101: Everything you need to know about garage door safety
- Dealer Spotlight: Ben from Macquarie Garage Doors Shares his top garage safety tips
- Tips for keeping kids safe around the house these school holidays
- Top garage door safety tips
- Is your garage door safe? Safety and maintenance tips
- Is it time to upgrade your garage? Here’s what to expect from our expert Merlin Dealers
- Safety, security and convenience; the best accessories to transform your garage
- An update on garage door safety standards
- Winter home and garage safety maintenance checklist
- How to keep your home and family safe with smart-tech: Merlin’s Grant Emanuel shares his top tips
- Five tips to help keep the family safe these school holidays
- How to safely enter and exit your garage during blackouts this summer
- The garage safety chat every family should have this summer