The health and safety of all Merlin customers, staff and our dealer network is our number one priority.
As the COVID-19 crisis unfolds, Merlin continues to monitor and act on the recommendations and requirements determined by the National Cabinet to ensure we can continue to deliver the products, services and support our customers rely on.
To protect those who work in our offices, we have:
- Enabled remote working for all staff members
- Ensured each team member has an appropriate workspace at home and is following our revised OHS policy to support remote workers
At our warehouses and manufacturing sites, our teams have:
- Increased the frequency and level of cleaning to ensure all workspaces are hygienic
- Introduced a two-shift strategy to meet social distancing requirements and protect the health of the broader Merlin workforce; each shift is preceded by a deep clean and sanitisation process
- Mandated that employees can only work with their assigned team to further reduce contact among employees
To safeguard customers, our dealer partners are:
- Practicing social distancing at all installations and observing strict hygiene practices (e.g. wearing masks, using hand sanitiser and not entering customer homes unnecessarily)
- Sharing practical tips with customers to keep their garage door remotes and accessories clean
- Clear procedures are in place should a staff member test positive to COVID-19. These include immediately notifying SafeWork NSW (or relevant state body) and enacting a ‘contact trace’ cleaning protocol to all work areas used by the affected employee in the seven days prior to becoming ill.
- Merlin will continue to monitor and enact all regulatory requirements during this crisis. We remain committed to supporting our customers, partners and staff during these extraordinary times.
CEO Oceania & EMEAA