TERMS AND CONDITIONS: MERLIN CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY 2020
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via the Merlin ANZ Facebook page only.
- Entry is only open to residents of Australia & New Zealand aged 18 years or older at the time of entry (Entrants).
- The directors, management and employees (and their Immediate Family) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. Immediate Family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entrants must submit their entry via the entry form on the Merlin ANZ Facebook page.
- Entrants who submit their entry via other channels will not be eligible.
PROMOTIONAL DATES AND JUDGING
- The promotion starts at 09:00AM (AEST) on Monday 16 November and ends at 11:59am (AEST) on Sunday 13 December (Promotional Period).
- There will be one individual winning entry. Judges will select the winner based on the best answer to the question “How would you use myQ to add convenience to your life?”. The winner must also be following @merlinanz on Facebook and have tagged 2 friends to be eligible for the prize. Judging will take place at 3.00pm (AEST) on Monday 14 December virtually.
- HOW TO ENTER
To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Follow @merlinanz on Facebook
- Enter via the Merlin ANZ Facebook page and tell us in 25 words or less “How would you use myQ to add convenience to your life?”
- Tag 2 friends you think would love a new Merlin Garage Door Opener and myQ Connectivity Bundle
Judges will select one winner based on the best response to the above question (2). The winner must also be following @merlinanz on Facebook and have tagged 2 friends to be eligible for the prize.
- Multiple Entries per person are permitted, however each entrant is only eligible to win once.
- The decision by the Promoter to accept or reject an Entry is in the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. Any Entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable in any way or that the Promoter considered may infringe any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will not be accepted as an eligible Entry into the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to, any Entry which the Promoter considers to be disparaging to its products and/or services or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of this promotion. Once an Entry is submitted, Entrants acknowledge that the Entry may not be withdrawn, altered or deleted (except as and where required by the Promoter).
- Entries and Resubmitted Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries and Resubmitted Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible Entries and Resubmitted Entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries and Resubmitted Entries. Contact details entered incorrectly by an Entrant will deem an Entry or Resubmitted Entry invalid.
- Costs associated with accessing the Merlin Facebook page or website remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used. Should the Merlin website/Facebook page been inaccessible for any reason, the Merlin team will address the issue as soon as possible and advise of the outage via their Facebook page or website.
- The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, will win the following:
If the prize winner has a roller door:
- Merlin SilentDrive Essential Garage Door Opener installed PLUS myQ Connectivity Bundle installed = RRP $838 AUD
If the prize winner has a sectional garage door:
- Merlin Commander Essential Garage Door Opener installed PLUS myQ Connectivity Bundle installed= RRP $838 AUD
If the prize winner has a tilt garage door: (please note: myQ Connectivity Bundle is not compatible with tilt doors)
- Merlin Commander Elite Garage Door Opener installed PLUS Battery Backup installed = $948 AUD
- All costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize is the responsibility of the winners. Total of one (1) prize pack will be awarded in this promotion.
- Entrants will be requested to provide a preferred installation date and time to the Merlin team for organise for a professional dealer to install the new garage door opener.
- Total maximum prize pool value is up to $948 AUD inc. GST. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
- The winner will be notified via their allocated email with a request from the Promoter to claim their prize, and in accordance with the dates set out in ‘How to Enter’. Any further correspondence between the winner and the Promoter will be via email.
- The precise date(s) for the delivery of the prizes will be subject to the availability of the prize and will be notified to the winner at the time they are notified that they have won the prize.
- Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their Entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users. The Promoter may delete or request the deletion of any content posted on the Merlin Facebook Page, Instagram account and Twitter account in accordance with its prevailing terms and conditions of use. Any Entries that are removed by the Promoter will not be considered eligible Entries for the purpose of this promotion. The Promoter is not responsible and excludes all liability (to the greatest extent allowable by law) for the content of any Entries submitted for the purposes of this promotion (including but not limited to any illegal, incorrect or inaccurate content or third party
- In the event of the prize not being claimed by 5.00pm (AEST) on Wednesday 16 December, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the prize to the next best valid entry.
- Entrants can only enter via the competition page on the Merlin ANZ Facebook page. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in
entering the promotion, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all Entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) submitting an Entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; (b) tampering with the Entry process; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. A prize will only be awarded following any Entrant validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Merlin Accounts or the information on the Merlin Accounts, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses,
damages and costs.
- If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable legislation.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to the promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, the promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regards to all prize warranty claims (where applicable).
- If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to
provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable legislation.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s Entry, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- In these Conditions of Entry: “Intellectual Property Rights” means all present and future rights of whatever nature anywhere in the world including, but not limited to, rights in respect of or in connection with copyright, inventions (including patents), trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain names, designs, confidential information, trade secrets and know-how and similar industrial, commercial and intellectual property rights, whether or not registered or registrable, and includes the right to apply for the registration of such rights, and whether existing in Australia, New Zealand or otherwise.
- Promoter: Chamberlain Australia Pty Ltd of PO Box 1446, Lane Cove, NSW, 1595